A gal and 4 guys

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Happy #82 to my


dad. It is my dads 82nd birthday. Wow, to have lived 80 decades, that is quite an accomplishment.
I know that he won't be reading this because he doesn't use computers, or answering machines, or his VCR. But he does use his remote and has speed idal on his phone.
My dad has an opinion about everything, always speaks his mind and never misses his favorite soap opera (One Life to Live). He loves to watch baseball, high school football and always reads the evening paper. His favorite candy is black licorice(yuk) He rarely misses a meal (that is a family trait!) and he and my mom love to eat out with friends. He served as an MP in WWII. He was one of the youngest and few that are left. He loves God, his wife, his family and country. He is a strong democrat! He is also our master griller in the family.
I love my daddy, he is not always going to be around and I have come to realize that I don't get upset by things he says or does quite as easy. Yea, he can ruffle my feathers, we are sooo much alike it isn' t funny.

So even though he won't see this, I want to say Happy Birthday Daddy! I love you!

4 Comments:

  • That is a great tribute to your dad, Lori. Glad to have been "introduced" to him here.

    By Blogger Kristi, At 4:18 PM  

  • I hope your dad continues to enjoy life.

    By Blogger Carol, At 4:22 PM  

  • Your Dad sounds super neat, Lori! Thanks for sharing about him.

    And hey, I like black licorice too!

    By Blogger Sarah, At 8:01 AM  

  • wow . . . 82!
    my grandad is 85 . . . i don't remember him getting that old . . .

    By Blogger tabitha jane, At 3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home