A gal and 4 guys

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Chocolate chip cookies and other thoughts...

Nathan, my ever so surprising 13 yo, is baking made from scratch chocolate chip cookies, boy do they smell good. He said that they were for his dad,(Ron's favorite cookie) but I hope that there are some left tonight. I thought it was nice the way that Nathan wanted to take some to our two widow ladies in the neighborhood and also wanted to share some with the youth group tonight. I am glad to see that he isn't always thinking of himself.
We are on our 1 1/2 weeks of Spring break. Parent conferences this week followed by next weeks break. I am glad that we are going to see family in Missouri next week. We could use the break.
I really like American Idol this season, I think Chris will go all the way, what do you think? Any other die hard fans out there? It is one show that we all can watch as a family, even Hunter likes to snuggle and watch, until he falls asleep.
Happy Spring Break!

8 Comments:

  • I can almost smell the cookies. Johnny makes choc chip cookies on Tuesday nights for us to share when I get home from practice.
    Are you driving to Missouri. The spring snow in the mid-west should be mostly melted by next week. Hope you have a great trip. I would offer a place to stay, but we are pretty much out of the way of anything (but if you ever want to visit Yellowstone...)

    By Blogger Carol, At 11:34 AM  

  • Thanks Carol, we are flying this time, leaves more time to visit!

    By Blogger Lori Ann, At 11:43 AM  

  • Chris, Chris, Chris, Chris!!!!

    The cookies are great but not as good as yours! We done good with Nathan haven't we :)

    Ron

    By Blogger Lori Ann, At 6:10 AM  

  • OK,
    That last one was supposed to be me.
    Stupid computer!

    By Blogger KMiV, At 6:11 AM  

  • You raised your kid good! :)

    I started out watching AI this season but then missed the last couple of episodes... I liked Katherine McPhee (sp?) and (Lisa?), the 16 yr old.

    Enjoy your break!

    By Blogger Sarah, At 8:15 AM  

  • Wow, I watched a few episodes of AI, but haven't been hooked. It's probably due to the million things I'm trying to do at once. Somethin's gotta give! So, I stick to LOST.

    Way to go on the cookies--Nathan is a great kid. ;)

    By Blogger J. Kevin Parker, At 7:29 PM  

  • i'm all about taylor!

    (can i have a cookie?)

    By Blogger rebecca marie, At 9:33 AM  

  • New comment on an old blog....

    I can't believe Chris is gone. What's the point of the rest of the season?

    By Blogger McKessidy, At 1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home