A gal and 4 guys

Sunday, April 09, 2006

A new adventure.

Well we did it. It is official. As of 9:15 am. We let the cat out of the bag. We resigned from Metro and are now officially church planters with Kairos. Our goal is to plant a church on the west side of Portland or the Sherwood area. We will still be serving at Metro until September. We are so excited about this new venture. We have felt strongly about it since it was introduced to us in the fall. After a lot of prayer and careful consideration we just knew that this is where God wants us. Please pray for us. Pray for a supporting church for us. Pray for our family and for all the people out there that we can touch. This is going to be a GREAT time in our life and a GREAT witness for God.

8 Comments:

  • I pray for God to lead you and for your efforts be multiplied.

    By Blogger Carol, At 3:23 PM  

  • jaw drop! What a neat thing to be a part of. It is a wonderful sign of your faith in a living God.

    peace.
    johno~

    By Blogger Johnathan M. Thomas, At 12:34 AM  

  • the folks you will impact are immesurably lucky.

    By Blogger rebecca marie, At 8:17 AM  

  • WOOOO HOOOOOooooooo

    Congratulations, and many prayers are with you!

    By Blogger Sarah, At 9:20 AM  

  • Your excitement is exciting to me!

    I would encourage you and Ron to think in terms of a "partnering church" rather than our traditional "supporting church." A partnering church works along side you and itself can grow to become a church planting church (more than just planting with you). A supporting church sometimes just stands over you as your "boss" with no clue about church planting. I'm praying for a partnering church for you!

    You guys are so cool!

    By Blogger J. Kevin Parker, At 1:40 PM  

  • We did--man I barely remember what I had for dinner last night much less resigning! Just kidding. Love you and look forward to us making this journey together. You are a great partner and friend in this and we will do this as a team!

    Cowabunga!

    Ron

    By Blogger KMiV, At 9:26 PM  

  • That is so exciting!

    By Blogger Just Me. . ., At 8:21 AM  

  • I'm glad you found my blog. I did not hear about the fact that you were going to be planting a church after resigning from Metro!!! I am very excited for you. I feel a passion for planting churches especially with the idea of a partnering or sister church but I am afraid it is yet to be desired by my preacher husband... You can pray about that for me. I will be doing the same. I am always wondering how God could bring us back to the northwest. We shall see!

    By Blogger Jen, At 8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home